The concept for a wedding band is love and eternal partnership. A couple will always be together, no matter what trials and tribulations may come their way. The bands are meant to symbolize the union of two people in marriage, as well as their future family coming into being with the ring you buy for your spouse. What makes this tradition so special is that there’s something symbolic about it from every culture in the world.
What are Wedding Bands?
Wedding Bands are lifelong jewelry, given as a symbol of love and commitment to your partner in life. It has become a tradition nearly universal through all time to an era. Wedding rings have been worn by all people from every nation, on all continents, and in countries not yet borne. The ring being made of precious metals has given it great significance as an expensive asset. They have also become symbolic of family unity and enduring love.
Traditionally, Wedding Bands are created from gold or silver for this reason; wedding rings have been regarded as precious assets or symbols of human relationships for thousands of years now – their symbols kept intact through the millennia.
Wedding rings represent the bond of love and commitment between a couple. The tradition of marriage in many cultures is symbolized by wedding rings. A ring is given to the man just before he gets married, to signify him taking his partner’s hand in marriage before God. Like our Wedding Bands, marriage celebrations have their own symbolism and traditions. In these cultures, a gold or silver ring is given to the bride as she walks down the aisle with her new husband.
Wedding rings are worn by people who are already married or intend to get married in the future by men and women all over the world (except Australia; this custom didn’t arrive there until recently).
Significance of Wedding Bands:
Wedding rings that have been given as symbols of love, commitment and devotion are now given to each other in all couples.
Wedding Rings have long been worn as symbols of different things depending on the culture and beliefs of a particular group of people. In some cultures, it is believed that wearing a wedding ring will bring luck to the wearer throughout his or her life. Wearing a wedding ring by men is considered a sign that an individual was married before; thus indicating wealth.
In some cultures, tradition dictates that brides wear wedding rings in order to show off their beauty and elegance; it also adorns their fingers with glimmering stones and glitter, which adds to the beauty of their eyes. In other cultures, the ring serves to remind individuals of the value of their relationship with their loved ones.
Wedding rings have also come to be used as symbols that represent love and marriage. Wearing a wedding ring is considered a sign of commitment to be married – from the male side, the symbol signifies that an individual was previously married or has experience at getting married; it is worn on the ring finger. The same goes for females who wear Wedding Bands on their left-hand ring finger – they signify they have previously been married or are currently engaged.
Benefits of having Wedding Bands:
1) Wedding rings are worn as a symbol of unity, oneness and love between each other.
2) They are adorned with precious stones and metals, such as silver and platinum to signify money, wealth and the importance of your wedding band.
3) They act as great fashion accessories for both men and women
4) The wedding ring is one of the most valuable assets that a person can possess by birth or by marriage.
5) They increase the value of your fingers; making them look more elegant, pretty and chic.
6) Wedding rings make you look more graceful as they improve your overall appearance.
Tips to get Wedding Bands:
1) Research on the best time to buy your wedding rings.
2) Choose the metal metal, shape and size of the ring before you go shopping.
3) Research on the best jeweler that you can trust; this will ensure that you are buying a quality product.
4) Take your time when searching for a ring; it is very much important to make sure that you are buying a suitably sized ring and one which is right for your finger.
5) Spend more than what you can spend when purchasing your rings; since it’s an investment and as valuable as gold.
Wedding Bands are very symbolic and significant in the sense that they represent love, marriage and family unity. The ring is worn on one of your fingers signifying that you’re either married or engaged. The more precious the metal that the ring is made from, the more it signifies about your perceived wealth. So take your time when choosing a band for you spouse – after all it’s an investment.